When to paint?
- Interiors can be painted at any time, provided adequate ventilation is available to expedite drying as also dissipating odors.
- Exteriors should not be painted during monsoon, and in extreme temperatures.
Choice of paint?
- This will largely depend on the substrate & type of surface and there are a number of options.
- Enamels – are used for metal surfaces, as also on doors & windows.
- Exterior Emulsions – are recommended for exterior walls.
- Interior Emulsions & Distempers – are recommended for interior walls & ceilings.
Choice of color?
- Our Color Menu software available at select dealers will help you choose the right shade from an wider range. Shade cards are also available at all dealer counters.
- You may of course want to match the color schemes with your furniture and fixtures.
Where to buy?
- Our dealer network stretches across the length and breadth of the country, and comprises over 2000 members. Each one of them would be delighted to be of service to you.
Section of painter?
- Selecting a right painter is very important – our dealers would be happy to recommend one to you.
Process of painting?
- You may check out our painting manual.
For exterior walls?
- Surface Preparation: Ensure that the surface to be painted is thoroughly clean, dry and free from all loose dirt, chalk, grease, fungi, algae or moss needs to be removed thoroughly by vigorous wire brushing & cleaning with water. Freshly plastered surfaces must be cured completely.
- Putty: Surface imperfections like holes, dents, and cracks are to be filled with Puttyelite water-based Putty or Multi-Purpose Powdered Putty.
- Primer: Apply one coat of Wallelite Exterior Water Based Sealer. Allow the primer to dry for at least 3 -4 hours.
- Top Coat: Apply 2 – 3 coats of any Exterior Emulsion Paint from Elite’s Exterior Range such as Master Coat Smooth Weather Proof Paint or Master Coat Premium or Color Fest Master Coat Style or Colorfest Master Coat Premium. Keep an interval of 4- 6 hours in between two coats.
For interior walls?
- Surface Preparation: In case of fresh plaster, after application of a coat of limewash; allow it to mature for at least six months, to ensure proper drying of the surface. Sand the surface with emery paper/sandpaper to remove loose particles, paint, dust, cracked & flaked paint and wipe clean.
- First Primer Coat: Apply a coat of Wallelite Interior Water Based Sealer or Plastelite Oil-Based Sealer and allow drying for 6-8 hours.
- Putty: Smoothen the surface by filling dents with a thin coat of Puttyelite water-based Putty and allow drying for 4-6 hours. Sand the surface with emery paper or sandpaper and wipe clean.
- Second Primer Coat: Apply a second coat of Wallelite Interior Water Based Sealer or Plastelite Oil-Based Sealer and allow drying for 6 – 8 hours.
- Top Coat: Apply 2 – 3 coats of any Interior Emulsion / Distempers such as Rebelite Synthetic Paste Distemper or Plastelite Plastic Emulsion or A close Silky Finish or Silk De Luxe or and Interior Emulsion range from Color fest, suitably thinned with water. Keep an interval of 4- 6 hours in between two coats.
For metal surface?
- Surface Preparation: The surface should be free from rust, grease, oil etc. and should be dry, free from loose particles.
- First Primer Coat: Apply a coat Anti corrosive Red Oxide Primer which is Solvent thin able Primer and allow drying for 6 – 8 hours.
- Top Coat: Apply 2 coats of any Lucky 7 Super Gloss synthetic enamel Paint / Quick Drying Enamel suitably thinned with General Purpose T1 Thinner. Keep an interval of 12 to 14 hours in between 2 coats.